|Based in modern Liverpool City offices (the UK), John Holt & Co (Liverpool) Ltd carries on the business
first started by John Holt in 1897.
The companies principal operations are in the UK and Nigeria and has
trading partnerships worldwide; including Russia, Japan, Middle East
The Schooner "MARIA"
First 65 ton schooner, which was purchased in 1868 by Jonathan Holt, enabled John Holt to begin to establish trading posts in West Africa
John Holt & Co (Liverpool) Ltd is a major international
trading, procurement and finance operation with a consolidated turnover
John Holt & Co (Liverpool) Ltd is the majority shareholder
(52%) in John Holt Plc, Nigeria.
John Holt's headquarters in Liverpool manages 3 UK-based lines
of procurement and trading activity:
- Finance, purchase and shipment of products to its Nigerian subsidiary
John Holt Plc.
- Trading and finance of goods to companies and private organisations
- General trading to Government and International aid financed tender
Teams of specialist buyers are able to call on many years of experience
in world markets to source and supply various goods and services for
our diverse customer base.
Current markets include - Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi,
Ethiopia, Russia, Libya and Far East.
Steamer "JONATHAN HOLT"
Jonathan Holt SS was a British Cargo Steamer of 1,522 tons built in 1910 by William Hamilton & Co, Port Glasgow for John Holt & Co. (Liverpool) Ltd. She was powered by a triple expansion steam engine 3 cylinder.
John Holt's experience has been built up over 130 years, during which
time it has established distribution channels for a wide range of goods,
a reputation for reliable service and its own brand name for a variety
of consumer and industrial products.
Below we give an indication of some of the merchandise handled. However
this list is not exhaustive and you should still contact us if the products
you require are not mentioned:
- Vehicles incl Buses, Trucks, 4x4 Pickups/Station Wagons etc., Passenger
Cars, Specialist Conversions e.g. Ambulances, Mobile Workshops;
- Fire engines and all types of Fire Fighting Equipment;
- Motorcycles and Bicycles;
- Fishing / Patrol Boats, Hovercraft, Outboard Motors, Marine diesel
- Agricultural Machinery, incl. Tractors, Implements, Irrigation
equipment and Pumps;
- Earthmoving Equipment incl. Bulldozers, Loaders, Graders. Equipment
for Construction, Compaction, Road Maintenance and Mining;
- Generators up to 2MVA as standard and above if required;
- Industrial Machinery & Equipment;
- Printing and Reprographic Equipment;
- Electrical Plant & Equipment;
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Equipment;
- Domestic Appliances, such as Gas cookers, Televisions, Audio, Fridges,
- Audio Visual and Office Equipment;
- Spare parts for all of the above;
- Paper and Board;
- Pharmaceuticals and all types of Medical Equipment;
- Building Materials;
- Industrial Raw Materials and Chemicals.